Monday, June 21, 2010

Surf Time!

At my last doctor appointment the ob said I am allowed to start getting out and walking around more! This was great news because I have been so stir crazy! She still won't let me do chores or take care of the kids, but atleast now I can go out to eat or to church. 

On Saturday I went with Doug to the beach and sat on the sand while he surfed.  The waves weren't the best for surfing and my camera kept dieing because I needed to recharge the battery but I got a few shots.  Doug is really good at surfing.  He is thinking about entering a long board contest in the future and I bet he could win too! I am so glad Doug has something he loves to do out here.  He already can't wait to start teaching Logan. 

I, on the otherhand. am petrified of the ocean! On Saturday though, I was a little warm and decided to soak my feet in the water.  There was so much seaweed along the shore that I had to go in up to my knees, which is probably the deepest I have been in the ocean in a long time.  Just when I started thinking maybe the ocean wasn't so scary afterall, a STING RAY swam right for me! I screamed bloody murder and ran out of the water.  Thank goodness no one else was on the beach because I am sure I looked like an idiot.  Needless to say I won't be going in further than my ankles again for a while!

Look at him go!

Riding out to catch another wave:

I love the sound of the waves

Look at all the seaweed there was!

This family came on the pier to feed the seagulls.  They would throw a piece a bread in the air and it would never hit the ground.  Logan would love doing this.  I was just glad I didn't get pooped on!

Time to call it a day

No comments: