Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

So I got the ok from the doctor after my last ultrasound to travel to TX.  I was only away from Doug and the kids for 4 days but it felt like forever.  Oh how I missed them! As soon as Doug heard that I got the ok he booked a flight for that night (I am guessing he missed me too! teehee).  My mom, Haydee, and Tony took me to the airport.  It was weird because it was the first time I was flying alone and it was also the first time I had to be transported in a wheel chair.  They gave my mom a pass so she could come to the gate with me and Haydee and Tony waited patiently at check in (thank you guys for all your help!).  I got on the plane just fine but I was a nervous wreck that I would have a turbulant flight and that it would hurt the baby.  Thank God the flight was as smooth as could be.  I got off the plane and onto my wheelchair and they took me right to Doug! How wonderful it was to finally be home!

Everyone has been working hard to get our house all set up.  So far we have the livingroom, dining room, and kitchen set up.  I love this house! Our backyard is a great size and we have lots of windows! Our master closet is huge and I even get a vanity in our master bath! The only 2 things that I don't like are the narowness of our kitchen and our lack of garage (I'm really missing all that storage space!) Here are the pics:

1. This is our front door.  To the left of the front door is a coat closet.  On the wall by the front door we hung all our crosses and kept our shoe rack.

2. This is the view right when you walk in the front door.  We have nice cutouts that look into the kitchen.  The ceiling is nice and high.  The walls are this warm cream color and I love our pergo floors!

3. This is our living room.  We have a nice big windor that lets in a lot of natural light.   With all the money we made from our garage sales we were able to buy a flat screen tv, 2 new throw pillows for the couch, a new area rug, and the black cube cabinets that our tv sits on.  I love the way it came out! My favorite is the fireplace but you can't see it in this pic.

4. This is the fireplace that is in the opposite corner of our living room to the right of the tv.  I had bought an old gold mirror for $2 at a garage sale a while back because I loved the detail on the frame.  Once we added a fresh coat of red spray paint the mirror looked brand new!

5.  This is our dining area.  The table may look familiar to you because we bought it from my brother and his wife.  They didn't need a table anymore and we needed to downsize.  This table fits perfect in the space!

6.  Here is our kitchen.  It is narrow but it is still totally functional and our stove and dishwasher actually work better than the ones we had in AZ! I miss the deep sink I had in AZ and the venthood microwave, but the sink does have a spray hose faucet that I love and we bought a little microwave for our countertop.

I will post more pics as the other areas get finished!

No comments: