Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recipe Exchange

Here are 2 easy but yummy recipes that we love to eat in our home. Leave a comment with a recipe of your own. You don't need a blogger account to leave a comment. Just leave an anonymous one.

BAKED ZITI:
Ingredients-
Riggatoni Pasta
Riccota cheese (small container)
Shredded Mozzerella cheese (1 bag)
Tomato Sauce (1 jar. I like the Ragu Traditional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Boil pasta until it is tender. I usually take a piece out and let it cool and taste it.

3. Pour pasta into a casserole dish or a baking pan.

4. Add entire container of riccotta cheese and 3/4 of the jar of tomato sauce and mix it up.

5. Add 3/4 of the bag of mozzerella cheese and mix it up.

6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the rest of the sauce on top.

7. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until the cheese has melted.

Ritz Chicken
Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet of ritz crackers
1/2 stick of butter
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Crush packet of ritz crackers until they are all crumbs. Pour crumbs onto dish.

3. Crack egg into a bowl and mix it.

4. Dip chicken breast in egg and then into Ritz cracker bread crumbs. Completely cover in cracker crumbs.

5. Put chicken in a casserole dish or baking pan.

6. Pour remaining bread crumbs on top of chicken.

7. Melt half stick of butter in the microwave (20-30 seconds)

8. Pour butter on top of chicken.

9. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love making my own veggie pizza.

1 thin crust pre-made pizza crust

1 jar of Ragu pizza sauce

low fat mozzarella cheese

1/2 green bell pepper

1/2 red bell pepper

mushrooms

a little bit of chopped garlic

a little bit of chopped red onion

After I put that together I go to my spice rack and throw whatever smells good on it!

Then you just bake it according to the directions on the pizza crust package.

I love veggie pizza but I'm thinking about making my own bbq chicken pizza next time.

Also, I've thought of making one for Delia and hiding all of her veggies under the cheese! Or if you have a really picky veggie eater just grind up some veggies in the blender and then mix it into the sauce. Viola! It's veggie pizza kid style!

Anonymous said...

My favorite healthy dessert is bananas and strawberries.

I just chop up about 2-3 bananas depending on the group and then chop up the same amount of strawberries. Mix in a little brown sugar. Stir it up. Then leave it in the fridge for an hour or two. Then just serve it in cute little bowls. It's yummy!

I made this once for the Fourth of July and added blueberries to it. It was red, white, and blue fruit style!

The Sheppard Bunch said...

That veggie pizza sounds great! Logan loves the deceptively delicious sauce (blend in the veggies like you said)! What a great idea! Thanks!

The Sheppard Bunch said...

MMMM! Nothing like a fresh bowl of fruit in the summer! I have never tried it with brown sugar! That sounds yummy!