Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

So I know I wrote about all the bad stuff that happened to me over Mother's Day weekend, mainly because I needed to vent before I exploded, but now I want to tell you about the good stuff! Well since our air conditioner was not working we went and spent Saturday night at my mom's house. Doug called the ac company every 2 hours on Saturday to convince them to come out and fix our ac. Originally they said Thursday. By mid-day Doug had already gotten them to agree to Tuesday and by Saturday evening he had gotten them to agree to come the very next day! My hubby is such an awesome business man!!! So Sunday morning, instead of sleeping in, we got a call at 7:30 that the ac guy was on his way to our house. Doug rushed over there and they had it fixed in an hour! Then he came back to my mom's and we all went to church. After church, we went back to her house to swim and have a barbeque. We love to grill London Broil and that is what we had. Yummy! Doug likes to change that jingle for London Gold jewelry to "London Broil...It's the Best!" It was nice and laid back and I was so glad that I could be with my mom on Mother's Day. We were able to make my mom feel special and with everything that she is going through she definitely deserved a special day!

Mother's day cake I made for my mom (my first time decorating a layered cake! the sides got totally smushed when I tried to cover the cake so this pic is not the best!)


Hangins out in the pool:





Me and Doug:



Me and my mommy:

No comments: