Thursday, April 9, 2009

Louisiana Visit Days 1 - 5

DAY 1 (Tues)-We had sucha wonderful time in Louisiana. The people all seem to be so friendly there and the architecture and the greenery are simply breathtaking. We landed in New Orleans on Tuesday night and Doug's parents picked us up at the air port and took us to the seminary where we spent the night in some guest housing.






DAY 2 (Wed)- In the morning we got up and loaded everything and drove for an hour to Baton Rouge where we met Larry from the convention. Larry drove us around and showed us different areas and then we all went back to his house (which is beautiful and right on a pond!) We all got to go fishing in his pond and I caught a 2 lb bass! I don't think I should take to much credit because I did not bait the hook (they were using live grashoppers! YUCK! and after I caught it I did not take the fish off the hook! Who wants to touch a fish with a big mouth! Some fish do have teeth!) Before fishing everyone ate shrimp and crawfish for dinner (not me ofcourse because I despise sea food but they made me some spaghetti! I think I will loose alot of weight if we live there- it is all sea food and spicy food in Louisiana!)



















DAY 3 (Thurs)- Larry and his wife were such awesome hosts! Thank you for welcoming us into your home!!! In the morning we woke up and got ready for Doug's interview and they made us a yummy breakfast. We then loaded up again and dropped Doug off at his interview and we walked around a dollar store. Then we picked Doug up and made the 2 hour trek to Alexandria, LA where Doug's parents live. When we got there Granny and Papa gave the kids gifts. Logan and Aila could not wait to play with all the new toys Granny and Papa had. Not to mention we were all glad not to be driving anymore!!!
















DAY 4 (Fri)- We hung out at Paula and Wayne's aprtment. We took a small trip to Good Will(Doug's mom loves to find bargains there). Then when we got back Paula made an egg hunt for Logan and then we played with bubbles and chalk. It has been nice just resting and enjoying eachother's company. Paula even took me to get a pedicure! You should see how nice my feet look! Then on Friday night Doug and I went out on a date and got to see a movie.













DAY 5 (Saturday)- We drove to Nackitish (which is spelled completely different- all these French words throw me for a loop!)to meet Doug's old college friend Sami and her fiance. Nackitish is the cutest little town. The entire place looks like it came from a story book! It is where they filmed the movie Steel Magnolias. We ate at a restuarant there (known for its meat pies and yet again sea food) and then walked aroung the town looking at the little shops. There was a jazz festival going on that day so we got to hear some awesome music too! And the town was right on this pretty river. It was sucha neat place and it was great to see Sami!












No comments: