Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Doctor Visit

This morning we had Aila's 4 month checkup and Logan's 18 month check up. Usually going to the pediatritian stresses me out completely but today Doug was able to come with me so it made things alot easier. It was a good thing too, because both kids had to get shots today.

At the doctor:
Logan sitting in a chair waiting patiently to see the doctor-

This was the look on Aila's face when the nurse said Aila needed shots today. It was so funny because it looked like she knew what was about to happen-

Daddy kept her calm while we waited-


AILA'S STATS- Weighs 13 lbs 4 oz and was 23 inches long! She is still in the 50th percentile for weight (yay!!!) The doctor said she looks very healthy and reccomended that we start trying some rice cereal and some oatmeal with her. I can't believe my baby girl is going to be eating food!!! The last few nights she has slept through the night completely and she is sleeping in her crib in her room all by herself! She is officially teething and all that comes with it; chewing on all of her clothes and drooling everywhere. She is 4 motnhs old today! All I can say is WOW!
Here are her 4 month pics:
So cute-

OK mommy is a real genius! I held the sign upside down!-

Putting her hand in her mouth is her new favorite thing to do:











LOGAN'S STATS: weighs 22 lbs 6 oz and is 32 1/2 inches long! He moved up a step on the weight chart again so the doctor is happy with his growth. The doctor also reccomended that we start potty training now. He thinks that it might actually help with Logan's #2 issues. He also said we should limit Logan's dairy intake (which will be hard because most of what Logan likes is dairy). So I went to Walmart and got Logan a potty and some pull ups and some cloth underwear. The doctor thinks it is better to use cloth underwear during the day rather than a pull up because kids won't like wetting themself in underwear but a pull up won't feel much different than a diaper. Logan picked out some Cars underwear and some Buzz Lightyear underwear. So far Logan has gone pee on the potty twice (the first time I made him sit on it and the second time he actually told me he had to go- I think he liked getting a lollipop- yes I am bribing him). I don't expect him to be trained anytime soon but our goal is 6 months so that he will be trained by the time he turns two. I am not going to really push it yet but just see how he does.

In his Cars underwear:


On the potty:
He was a little afraid so we started by sitting him on it with his clothes on-



He didn't really like it at first-


Then he warmed up to it. He wanted to read a magazine! How cliche!-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Logan on the potty..I just got an image of Jalen on it someday :o) I love the picture of Aila with Mommy holding the 4 Month sign upside down! Very funny. Hope to see you soon, maybe tomorrow, I'll have my homework done by then and I can give you our Christmas card. Maybe if it's nice we can go for a walk, we took Jalen for one the other evening but it started misting so we cut it short. I'll call you tomorrow :o)

Joy said...

Too cute - Aila looks so cute in purple. All of my kids learned their colors potty training with m&m's (say the color before they get 1) - a little bribing never hurts :). See how the potty training goes, but I think it is easiest (and they will have more success) to let them wear a long shirt around (or dress for girls) and be naked underneath. I also put a little potty whereever we spend most of our time (family room/kitchen usually) - then they can go real fast. At first they can't think fast enough to get to the bathroom and pull down underwear fast enough. Also, it is too much laundry. When they get the hang of it and can hold it a little longer, then they graduate to undies, and finally undies with pants on. This is what our mentors with 8 kids taught us and it works great. Thanks for the scrapbook page you made us too - that was awesome!