Friday, November 20, 2009

Pitty Party, Table for 1

I am kind of in a funk right now. We still have no clue what Doug's job is going to be or where we will be living. His business has not picked up. We are about to drain our savings to pay our bills this month. Now I know there are people that have things way worse than we do, but knowing that doesn't really make me feel any better. In fact it makes me feel worse because I feel bad for other people and then I feel bad for us too. I don't know why people have to "one up" you when you are complaining either. They seem to turn it into a competition of who has worse problems. Then you have other people who just simply call your problems "trite". I hope I never do either of these things to other people when they are down. Even if they are complaining about something like a broken nail I hope I just pat them on the back and tell them it is going to be ok because maybe to that person having a broken nail seems like the end of the world to them at that moment. Maybe I am just having a pitty party this week. I probably sound like Logan does when he whines. Sorry. Thanks for bearing with me. And please if you comment - no "one uppers" and don't tell me my problems are nothing. Because right now they are something to me. And no, I am not losing faith. I am holding on tightly to Romans 5:3-4 : Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Sheppard Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.