Sunday, November 15, 2009

Memory Walk

On Saturday we woke up super early to go to Phoenix for the Memory Walk. It was so neat to see all the people who came out to support this cause. All of the donations went to the Alzhiemers Foundation, which is dedicated to researching Alzheimers and provides services to those who suffer from the disease and their families. There were tons of information booths there about Alzhiemers and services for their caregivers so I was able to get my mom a bunch of pamphlets and things to look over. There were 2 routes you could take, one was 1 mile and one was 3 miles. I convinced Doug to do the 3 full miles and we were surprised at how quick it went. Everyone brought their whole families to walk, including their dogs, which Logan and Aila loved. All 4 of us wore a necklace that said "Walking in Honor of Vito Rosselli".

I pray that one day this foundation will find a cure for Alzheimers. It breaks my heart to see how my dad is able to do less and less every day and to see how many more burdens my mom has to endure. I don't know who Alzheimers is harder on, the person suffering from it or the person caring for them.

Thank you Jordan Tempkin, Paula and Artie Morales, Niki and Darren Pascale, Paul and Debbie Schottenhamel, Irene and Tom Caniano, and Linda and Ronald Whitworth for your generous donations!














Photobucket

No comments: