Friday, October 23, 2009

The Things Moms Do


When I was a kid I had these two miniature porcelin dolls that were identical except they had on a different colored dress. They were from my Aunt Mary so I named them Mary Sue and Mary Loo. They were my favorite dolls and I took them everywhere. Well eventually one was dropped and her head shattered into a million pieces. I was devestated. But my mom came to my rescue and painstakingly glued all the pices back together. It must have taken her hours! She even let me put in a little piece of paper that said "BRAIN" inside her hollow head.

In my teenage years I often reflected on that fateful night thinking how silly it was that I was so upset over a doll and how it was even sillier that my mom took all those hours to glue it back together...Fast forward to today and I have a whole new perspective on life! My mom did it because she loved me and wanted me to be happy even if it meant sacrifices. My mom has always been there for me and I am so blessed to have her in my life. She was such a great example for the type of mom I want to be.

Now I find myself in the same position as my mother, wanting nothing but the best for my kids. Seeing them happy makes me happy. I don't mind listening to the same song over and over and over again because it is Logan's favorite. I don't mind when I have to lug not only my kids but a stuffed monkey, a stuffed elephant and whatever other toy Logan decides needs a trip to the grocery store. My social life completely revolves around things like play dates or Kid's Club. But the crazy thing is I totally love it! There is nothing like being a mom and I am so grateful that I can stay home and concentrate on my kids full time. I find it completely satisfying and fulfilling. I don't really miss working (except for my totally awesome students).

It blows my mind how life experiences are constantly giving us new insights and perspectives. I look forward to seeing more things in a new light!


Photobucket

No comments: