Monday, March 23, 2009

Poor Aila

Aila was sick for the first time on Saturday. She woke up with a 103 temperature!!! I called her pediatritian and he said to take her into Urgent Care right away. I was panicking because her temperature was so high and I had taken it under her armpit which means that is was actually 104!!! We got to Urgent Care and it was crowded... just our luck because it usually is NEVER crowded! We had to fill out tons of paperwork and wait forever. No one ever asked what was wrong, although I filled it out on the paper. Doug went up to tell them how high her temperature was and they told him that everyone in the room had a temperature. My thought was everyone there was an ADULT and I had a 7 month old baby!!! For an URGENT CARE they sure did not understand the URGENT part. Luckily they called us in before I had a nervous breakdown... Hey it was her first time being sick and Logan never had a temperature that high! It turns out that she has a bad ear infection in her left ear. Her ear drum even has a blister on it. They gave us a perscription and she was feeling better after a few hours. She seems back to normal now although she is a little fussy, but this could also be because she woke up with a new tooth. Yup, she cut her second bottom tooth! Poor baby has an ear infection and is teething!!!

No comments: