Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NY Family

My sister and her family are finally here! I have been looking forward to their visit for so long! They got in on Friday night and I went to pick them up from the airport. We stayed up late talking and hanging out at Nana's house (it was really late for them with the time change). Then on Saturday morning Doug and the kids came with me to see them. It was neat because they had not met Aila yet! On Saturday we hung out at my mom's house (so that they could recoup from their jet lag). We had a little birthday party for my sister and all the cousins got to play. On Sunday everyone went to the wildlife zoo but we didn't get to go because I got a stupid stomach virus (I really think it was from people at our church! I don't think they clean that place properly!!! I am so bringing Lysol the next time we go). I was totally bummed about missing out on Sunday, especially when I was home all alone so Doug could play softball!) Then yesterday we went to the McCorkmich Ranch Train park. It was a beautiful day and there was lots of cute stuff to do their. We all had a picnic, rode a little train, went on the carousel, played at the playground, and ate ice cream! Aila even had her first taste of ice cream which she loved! (With Logan I refused to give him ice cream before he turned a year but he had so many eating issues with eating table food that now my philosophy has changed and I am trying to introduce Aila to table food as early as possible!!!) So far their visit has been awesome! I can't wait until the rest of the week!!!

Eating Ice Cream:









In the train tower:




Train ride:



Playing in the grass:









Hanging at Nana's house:






















No comments: