Thursday, March 12, 2009

Completely Random Thoughts

Like the title says, here are some of the random thoughts that I had this week:

1. I keep forgetting my camera! Yes that is right the mammarazzi is slacking on the job! We went to so many great things and I did not capture it! On Saturday we went to our friends Max and Sarah's baby shower. It was really neat because it was a coed shower and it was at Tumbleweed Park. On Sunday we went to Logan's friend Brady's second birthday, once again at Tumbleweed Park. Logan had a blast seeing his friends and we really enjoyed ourselves at the party. On Tuesday I took the kids to the zoo with my friend LeeAnna and her daughter Ashlynn. The weather was absolutely perfect and Logan got to ride in Ashlynn's neat little car (he liked the car so much that he could care less about the animals). I missed a really great picture at the zoo too because when Logan was on the splash pad this little girl hugged him and they just stood there for like a minute! Then when she let go she walked behind him and rubbed his back and put her head on his shoulder. It was so gash darn cute!

2. WE ARE GOING TO LOUISIANA!!! I posted earlier about how we were supposed to go down for an interview. Well we never heard anything so we did not know if it was going to happen. As of tonight our flights are booked! We leave March 31st and get back April 8th. We are landing in New Orleans and staying in seminary housing for one night. Then we will be off to Baton Rouge for the interview and to be shown around the area. Then we will be going to Alexandria to spend time with Doug's parents. It is going to be a bit hectic and it will be alot of traveling for the kids. Please pray that it all goes well and that the kids don't have a melt down... or mommy and daddy for that matter! LOL

3. Yesterday was national food crisis awareness day. We may be struggling here in America with the way the economy is but other countries are suffering far worse. Because of our economy the cost of food has doubled in other countries. I can't imagine being a parent and telling my child that we don't have food today or having to decide which of my kids will get to eat. I am just so grateful that I live in the US. Even our poorest people here are better off than people in third world countries. Here is a link if you would like to sponsor a child http://www.compassion.com/default.htm
$13 would feed one child for an entire month.

4. I really have been convicted lately about my attitude towards moving. I keep focusing on the negative things. Then I realize how many people I know that have lost their jobs or their homes or both. On my block alone there are 4 foreclosed homes and as of the 15th of this month there will be 5! My mom found out that they aren't going to have her position next year due to budget cuts. We have friends who are loosing their job and thier home at the end of this month and they have a baby due in a few weeks! If we move it will be for a better job and more stability for our family. I shouldn't be so negative when there are people in far worse situations.

5. My sis gets in town tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!!! BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACY!

OK that is enough randomness for one night... Adios!

No comments: