Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Like the New Look?

I made our new layout while the kids were taking their naps today. I really enjoy digital scrapbooking and I update our blog so often that I get tired of looking at the same thing all the time.

People are always asking me how I make my own layouts so I thought I would offer some easy steps for people to try:
1. Look for some free digital scrapbooking kits online (I usually just google it)
2. You will need a program like photoshop to make your design. I just use a free program called Paint.Net (you can google that as well)
3. Then you can get to work on designing your page!
4. Once you make your title page (the one with the name of your blog, pic or whatever else you want on there) you can upload it to where the title goes on your blog.
5. To make the background to match you will make another digital scrapbook page. Follow the steps on this site to make your background to match: http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/144-how-to-make-your-own-background

When you finish you will have your own custom blog page : )



PS: If you don't have the time I could always make one for you! I have made about 15 so far and I really enjoy it!

No comments: