Saturday, February 7, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Yesterday during Logan's nap he learned how to climb out of his crib completely! I decided that it was time to turn his crib into a toddler bed. Originally we were not going to move him into a bed until he was atleast 2, if not older, but I was too nervous about him falling when he climbed out. I got some screw drivers out (wasn't sure which would fit) and got to work. Logan even tried to help with the screwdriver I wasn't using. He was so excited to see the bars come off his bed. I wonder if it is because he knows his cousin Ethan sleeps in a big boy bed? As soon as the bars were off he climbed into bed and laid down. I gave him a long talk about how he is a big boy now and how big boys stay in bed at night time. I really thought that when we put him to bed that he would be running around his room and knocking on his door for us to let him out. Well all my worrying was useless. Logan went right to sleep with no problem. This morning when I went in his room he was just sitting on his bed waiting for me. This afternoon he took his first nap in his big boy bed and again he had no problems. I am so glad that he seems to be making this transition easily. A part of me is a little sad though. He is growing up so fast. He is close to being potty trained and now he is sleeping in a bed! My baby isn't really my baby any more : (

I took this one after he fell asleep last night:

Logan practicing how to sleep in his bed:



No comments: