Saturday, January 31, 2009

Moving to Louisiana...maybe...

Well many of you know that Doug is a pastor. He moved to Arizona to start a church, but there were many bumps in the road and ultimately Doug wound up cleaning and repairing pools to make ends meet. Now opportunities have presented themselves for Doug to once again be in full time ministry. What is the catch?, you ask. We would have to move to Louisiana!!! I am asking for all of our friends and family to pray for us because, quite frankly, I AM PETRIFIED!!! I know that God's plan is best and that I should not be afraid but I still am. Please pray for the following:

1. That God would give us wisdom about what job He would like Doug to take, if any (There are a couple in the works and we would really like God's direction for which path He wants us to take. Doug is so excited about getting to do what he is most passionate about as a fulltime job but he is also nervous).
2. That if we have to move that we would adjust well to our new home (I have only really moved once in my life and it took me over a year to finally get accustomed. I have never been away from my parents or my brother and that would be REALLY hard, not only for me but also for them. My mom will be crushed if we have to move. We are really close. Also we don't know where we would be living but we would really like to find a place in a decent neighborhood that would allow us to keep our pets- they are part of our family too, afterall)
3. That God would work a miracle and sell our house in AZ or provide us with renters. (Anyone want to buy a 3br/2ba in Queen Creek? Anyone??? Anyone?????????)

Thanks for all your prayers. I will keep you posted as new developments arise.

No comments: