Friday, January 16, 2009

Aila is 5 Months Old

Aila is 5 months old today! She only goes to the doctor every 2 months now so I am not sure how much she weighs or how long she is but I can definitely say she is growing! Just this week I boxed up all her 0-3 month clothes and some 3-6 month clothes and moved all her 6-9 month clothes into her closet. Thanks everybody who has given us clothes for her! She is definitely getting good use out of them. This month Aila has become quite mobile. She is already getting close to crawling! (which I am so NOT ready for!!!) She can scoot with her arms and toes in a circle and occasionally she pushes her but up in the air into a crawling position. Even though she can only scoot in a circle right now she is able to roll all the way across the lving room. You should see this girl roll! I am surprised she does not get dizzy. Aila is also able to sit up by herself for abour 30 seconds and she can tripod sit (where they sit but lean on their hands too) for a few minutes. She is cooing all the time, especially when she is happy. She still has no teeth (which makes me happy because I am nursing and I can still remember when Logan used to bite me!) and she still doesn't have much hair (which I cannot wait to put her hair in pig tails and pony tails and cute hair clips- my mom saved all my clips from when I was a baby and I can't wait to use them on Aila! My mom said my sister Stacy didn't have much hair until she was 3 but now she has the thickest hair of all of us girls and she thinks Aila will be the same way...we'll see. 3 is a long time away : ( ) This month Aila has become very good at grabbing things with her hands. She especially loves to grab faces. One other thing that has come about just recently is that Aila scares very easily. She does not like people to make funny faces at her or to surprise her. She makes a big pouty lip, looks at me and then lets out the girliest cry. She is such a girly girl and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I love my princess!!!















No comments: