Thursday, February 16, 2012

More than Enough

Sometimes life just gets a little overwhelming. There are so many things that I want to be able to do and sometimes I am doing 20 things at once. All the craziness makes me feel like a solo act in a 3 ring circus.


I have this dream...
My kids are all impeccably dressed, sitting at the table, working diligently on their homeschool lessons. My house is immaculately clean, to the point where the floors are sparkling like diamonds. I am of course cooking a 5 course gourmet meal full of nutritious and delicious items. My hair is done, I am dressed like a runway model and I have make up on. My husband comes home from work and we sit down to a meal where the children are quiet, sit still, and they eat all of their food neatly.

Then I have my reality...
There are dishes that need washing in the sink. Clothes that need folding and putting away just thrown into laundry baskets. The kids picked out their own clothes, which either don't match or are not appropriate for the weather. We do our homeschool lessons but we are loud and we make a mess. I am still in my pajamas. Did I brush my teeth this morning? I can't remember. We finish our lessons and I realize I didn't take any chicken out to defrost for dinner so I pull out some hot dogs and instant mac n cheese. Maybe I will throw on a can of green beans. Maybe. My husband will come home and we will sit down to dinner, well maybe not til an hour after he gets here. Aila can't sit still and she falls out of her chair. Levi is crying because he wants a drink. Logan is complaining that he doesn't like mac n cheese, even though on any other day he loves it. Today he doesn't. Did I mention that it is dinner time and I am still in my pajamas?


When I compare my reality to my dream, I feel like a failure. Why didn't I get everything done today? Why is my hair such a mess? I can't do this. I am drowning. I am overwhelmed. I am stressed out.

I hear Satan's lies:
I am not cut out for motherhood.
I am a horrible wife.
I am ugly.
I can't do anything right.
I am screwing my kids up.

But if I am walking with the Lord then I know how to fight back. I can call Satan out on his lies. I can recall the truth. That I am CHOSEN. I am made BLAMELESS. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!


If you are at all like me, I encourage you to hold onto this truth.

No comments: