Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am 6 Months Prego!

How's Levi: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

How's Mommy: I am doing pretty good.  Ever since I went to my last doctors appointment my cramping has returned off and on whenever I do too much.  It is really annoying because somedays I can do more than others so it is really hard to gauge how much I can do.  I have not been sleeping well either.  Levi decides to have a party every night.  It is like he sleeps and is still all day long and then as soon as I am starting to wind down, he is all over the place.  He is rolling and kicking so big that you can see my whole stomach move.  I think he is going to be one of those babies that have their days and nights mixed up.  We'll see! I can't wait to hold him in my arms (but he better wait to make his debut until November!!!)

No comments: