Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sheppard Update- July

Happy 4th of July everyone! 4th of July is my favorite holiday of the year so I am super excitied! I love summer, hot dogs on the grill, swimming, fireworks and not to mention my birthday! I hope all of you are able to enjoy the holiday! Here are our updates for this month:

DOUG-
Tomorrow Doug has his big kick off event for our community. He rented a bounce house and got sprinklers and a slip and slide and will be giving out free bbq : ) He also started kids club last week but it got rained out so hopefully this week we will be able to get some kids there! He really loves his new job and just wants to be successful at it. Please pray that he will do well and that he would be able to reach the lost people in our community.

He has really been enjoying not working in the sun and he loves living so close to the beach. He has been surfing quite a few times and he is always looking forward to his next surfing trip. I'm sure pretty soon he will have a fishing license and he will add that to the list of things he can do for fun out here. I think he might also be joining a men's softball team that he will be meeting for the first time on Wednesday.

LOGAN-
Logan got to go to VBS and he absolutely loved it (except for the last night when they had to perform on stage for the parents). He was so excited about VBS and now he can't wait to start preschool. We found a nice preschool in a church that has a really good program and still has availability so I think we are going to sign him up. We can either do 2 or 4 days from 9-2. I think we will start him with just 2 this year and then move him up to 4 next year.

We have really gotten on to Logan about his thumbsucking now. If we catch him sucking his thumb we count to 3 and if it is not out by 3 he gets a swat on the butt. We are telling him that if he wants to suck his thumb he needs to go to bed. It seems to be working. The doctor said thumb sucking won't mess up his teeth until he's 5 or 6 but I think 3 is even too old to be sucking your thumb.

AILA-
Aila broke out in a horrible rash but we took her to the doctor and he said it is nothing serious or contagious. That was a relief! I tried picking a female doctor close to our house. We went to a doctor with the first name Shannon, and guess what, it was a HE! Doug reminded me that we have met another male Shanon in the past but I guess I forgot about that. I really liked the guy though and the doctors office was super cute. It is set up like a train station and even has a little door just for the kids to enter and exit and a huge model train set up.

We broke out the potty for Aila again now that we are finally settled. The first day was horrible and I was so upset because I thought she had lost all the progress she had made (she was almost done training when I got stuck on bedrest and then the big move). But then she went 3 days with only 1 accident and she is telling us when she has to go : ) Hopefully we'll be done in another week or two. She'll still wear diapers at bedtime and naptime for a while but I am hoping she will be in undies the rest of the time.

LEVI-
We had a doctors appointment 2 weeks ago and they said there is only 1 inch of hemmorage left and the baby looks great! They confirmed again that he is still a boy and they said he is actually measuring ahead of my calculated due date : ) I have been using his name more and more this month and we moved the crib into Logan's room and decorated it so that it is now officially "The Boys' Room". I guess I was afraid to get too attatched to this baby since we almost lost him but now I am way passed that. I love this baby so much already and we can't wait to meet him. He has been moving everyday which is great and it reassures and comforts me that he is ok. Be praying because we have a major ultrasound on July 16th that will check to make sure all his organs are developing properly and to check on the size of the hemmorage.

ME-
Because of the hemmorage being so small and the fact that I haven't had any more bleeding the doctor put me on an even lighter form of bedrest. I am able to get out more now and walk around. I still can't do much housework and I am not allowed to pick up anything or push or pull. It has been nice getting out as much as we have and I am able to watch the kids more and more on my own. It has been hard not being able to do my job as a mommy. I miss my daily routines with the kids. I love being a mom and having to lay on the couch instead of on the floor playing with them has not been easy for me. I feel lazy and it was kind of depressing. I don't know how women do strict bedrest for their entire pregnancy. I know that if I had to I would, but I also think I would be miserable doing it. But the baby makes it all worth it : ) I feel so blessed to still be pregnant. I am 1 week shy of being half way there!

ALL OF US-
Pray for our health. We have had some kind of stomach bug that just keeps comming back. Doug and I have had it 3 times and the kids have had it twice. Each time we disinfect all surface areas with bleach, spray lysol in all the rooms, wash all linens, mop, vaccuum, wash carpets and yet this bug just won't quit. We are starting to wonder if it has to do with the humidity or maybe our bodies are getting used to the water here in TX? I've been joking with Doug that maybe we are just allergic to Texas : )

Well that is all for now! Keep checking in for more pics and videos! And don't forget to click "Older Posts" at the bottom of our blog above our music playlist so you can see all the posts for the month!

XOXO,
DoUg, NeSsA, LoGaN, AiLa, & LeVi

No comments: