Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm 5 Months Prego!

I am 20 weeks pregnant! Half way there!!!

How's Baby:  Levi now pretty much looks like he will at birth.  He weighs about a pound and he is about the length of a banana.  His body is proportionate with his arms and legs balancing out his head; his features, including his eyes and ears, are in their final position and have begun functioning. Even delicate details, such as his finger nails, toe nails, and the hair on his scalp, are growing.

For past two weeks, Levi has begun to hear sounds in utero. He can now listen to the sounds of blood rushing around, the air moving in and out of my lungs -- and perhaps the most dominant sound, my heart beating.
Hearing and other sensory responses are now possible because the connections between the brain and his eyes, ears, and nose are becoming established. Myelin, a fatty substance, coats the nerve endings and makes it possible for transmissions from his brain to reach his ears more quickly.

How's Mommy: I am just so relieved to still be pregnant! This pregnancy is kicking my butt though! I have been able to do more and more because I haven't had any more bleeding but if I do too much my body certainly lets me know it and I start to have these really annoying cramps. 

I also officially have a baby bump!!! With Logan I didn't start showing until 7 months, and with Aila it was 6, so it seems like with each baby I start to show a month earlier? LOL I am excited to look pregnant though because it means Levi is still in there! I am still wearing my regular jeans, but now I have to leave them unbuttoned and use a bella band around them (basically a big silky black elastic band).  I'll get Doug to take a belly pic of me soon : )

I have a major ultrasound on the 16th to check all of Levi's organs and development so please be praying for that because I am super nervous about it.

1 comment:

jesska lynn photography said...

praying friend....God is faithful...today and always! <3