Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Aila is 18 Months


I cannot believe my little princess is a year and a half! AHHHH! The terrible twos are just around the corner, although I don't think Aila could ever be that bad. She is so easy going like her daddy. She does have this whiney "Noooooo" that she does now and she is starting to do stuff she knows she isn't supposed to. She will even say "No, no, no." when she is doing it.

This month I have graduated from "Mama" to "Mommy". Aila is also eating less in her high chair now and more and more at the Lil Tykes table with Logan. It is so wierd to see her sitting at the table. She just looks so big! She is constantly picking up new words and people are always shocked at how much she can say. What is interesting is she can say a lot of words but she doesn't use very many on a daily basis. She just likes to get right to the point. For example she can say drink, more, milk, and cup but when she is thirsty she would rather just hand me her cup and say please.

Aila's hair is finally starting to thicken and get longer so I have been able to put in some pig tails and pony tails that are actually visible to the human eye. The ones I used to put in were so small you would need a magnifying glass to see them, but I just couldn't wait to start playing with her hair!

Right now Aila is very big on animals and babies. She is constantly pointing them out wherever we are and always wants to touch them. She is actually very gentle with both. I am not sure if this is because she is a girl or if it is jsut part of her personality.

This month Aila is finally getting used to the bath tub. She has hated baths ever since she was born. She still hates it when I wash her hair, but she does not freak out as much. Her appetite seems to have gone down this month. She seems to go through these phases where she is chubby and then she shoots up and alternates between eating like a little piggy and then eating like a bird. I guess she must have a growth spurt comming soon because she is very chubby right now : ) I hope she shoots up pretty good because she is so much shorter than other babies her age that I have started worrying that maybe she is some kind of midget and we just don't know it yet. LOL

As far as potty training goes, Aila is doing very well. Today she peed out in public for the first time! We went to story time at the library and afterward Logan had to go potty. When Logan was doen Aila was asking to go so I took off her diaper and sat her on it and she went : ) I was surprised because I haven't been training her in public yet. We are still on Phase 1-2 with potty training at home and she is still having atleast 1 accident a day so I didn't think she was ready to try going in public. Now I am thinking about getting her some pull ups and panties for when we are out. We'll see if she keeps asking to go when we are out of the house.

Photobucket

No comments: