Thursday, January 7, 2010

Prayer for the New Year

The Lord put it on my heart to share with you my prayer for this New Year. I feel silly writing it on here, but I am sure that is just the devil at work. So here it is...

Dear Heavenly Father,

I am so glad that I get to be your daughter! Thank you for all the blessings you have given me! I am so grateful for my husband and children. Thank You for keeping us healthy and always taking care of us. You are so awesome! I can't help but be amazed at Your power or overwhelmed by Your love.

This year I feel such a burden for all the people who are suffering from depression. People really seem to be struggling and many have lost their jobs. I ask that You would be with them in their time of need. Send them Your spirit of comfort. Let them know that they are not alone. Heal their brokeness. I pray that their struggles will draw them closer to You and that You would fill them with a new hope.

My heart also breaks for all the marriages I have seen dissolve this past year and for the couples who are currently struggling. Please help me Lord, when friends and family ask for relationship advice. Give me the words to say that will lead them in the right direction. Help those who are in pain from losing their spouse and bring conviction to those who left. For the couples who are struggling, help heal their emotional wounds and draw them closer together. May they all learn to lean on You.

I pray for Doug. His greatest desire is to please You. I know that You have the perfect ministry job for him. Help guide him in the right direction and open the doors to the path you want him to take. Protect him from disappointment. Place Your favor on him.

I ask that you would make me into whatever you see fit. Help me to be a good wife and mother. Guide me in how to raise my children. Mold me into a tool that you can use. Give me a heart for all people and help me learn to be more patient.

I look foward to all the works You are going to do this year. I praise Your holy name! Thank You for this life You have given me.

I ask all these things in Your precious name,
AMEN!

Photobucket

No comments: