Monday, January 11, 2010

Marriage Monday



As I shared in my prayer for the new year, I feel a huge burden for struggling and broken marriages. One of the things that I am trying to do is post a daily "Marriage Tip of the Day" on my facebook to encourage friends and family to reflect on their own marriages. I am trying to post one for every day this year. I will be posting them weekly on this blog on Mondays and calling it "Marriage Monday" These are the ones I have posted so far:

1. Relaize that true love is NOT a feeling. It is a CHOICE! You must choose daily to love your spouse more than yourself. It may not always be easy but all great things require work sometimes!

2. Never go to bed fighting! Don’t let the sun go down on your anger. (Eph 4:26)

3. Don’t deprive each other physically (1 Corinthians 7:1-5)

4. Wives submit to your husbands and husbands lead out of love. (Ephesians 5:22-33 and Colossians 3:18-19)

5. Yearn for a Great Marriage, Not Just a Good One

6. Wives don't constantly pick fights with your hubbies! Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. (Prov 25:24)

7. Marriages require boundaries. One that we try to abide by is not hanging out with the opposite sex alone. It can bring temptation, mistrust, rumors, and accusations.

8. Always put your spouse's needs before your own. Be self sacrificing and always give 100%.


Photobucket

No comments: