Friday, December 4, 2009

Fun Filled Day

Yesterday morning I met up with the Mistereks at the zoo. We had so much fun hanging out! Logan and Aila love playing with Ashlynn! Chris and LeeAnna knew someone who worked the safari train so we even got a free ride! Logan loved going on the train!!!

Logan and Aila ready for some fun:




The Mistereks:



Tractor riding time:


We saw the new Komodo Dragon and Logan thought it was hilarious. The thing was huge:


Riding the safari train VIP style:




A day at the zoo would not be complete without some fake cow milking:


After the zoo the kids were pooped so I went to my mom's house and put them down for a nap. When they woke up it was time for round 2 of fun activities! We took my dad to work and then we went to eat dinner at Sal's Gilbert Pizza. Logan ate more than Aila for the first time ever! We love the food there and Logan liked the sauce so much that he drank it out of the little cup!

Aila loves to say "cheese" for the camera now:




Can you tell that Logan loved the sauce?:



When we finished dinner we headed across the street for the Gilbert Christmas tree lighting. We waited on line forever for the kids to sit on Santa's lap. Logan saw a light up wand and fell in love with it so I got it for him. It is really neat because it can do 8 different light shows and I can replace the batteries when they die out. I asked Logan what he was going to say to Santa and he said he was going to tell him that he is a good boy and that he wants a toy truck. When we finally got to see Santa Logan did not say 2 words. He just stared! He finally told Santa he wanted a truck and then waved goodbye. Santa gave him a treat for him and Aila (who sat on Santa's lap for about 2 seconds before she realized where she was and freaked out! I got one good picture though)

Aila all bundled up waiting on line:


Logan playing with his light wand:




The good one:


Aila looks back and realizes where she is:


Aila cries (the only one to cry on Santa's lap the whole night):


Video of Logan with Santa:


Logan with Santa:



Logan with a Santa Dog:




They had lots of pretty lights:


Logan loved this giant Santa:


And Mickey Mouse on a motrocycle:


They had an ice skating rink but it isn't ice! It is plastic! I have never seen anything like it! People were skating on it with regular ice skates! It was so neat:


Last night Logan was wired. I put him to bed but he was not going to sleep so I went in to check on him. He popped up out of bed and said, "Mommy, I made a mistake!" (very seriously). I asked him what he did and he replied, "I told Santa I want truck, but I want choo choo train. We go see Santa tomorrow?" Apparently Logan could not sleep because he was worried that he told Santa the wrong toy and that he changed his mind and wanted to tell Santa. I told him that we will see Santa again soon but Logan asked if we can write him a letter tomorrow. So this morning the first thing we did was write a letter to Santa. Logan put stickers on it and colored it. He makes scribble circles but to him he knows what he is drawing. I video taped him explaining what his picture is. Too cute! Inside the card he asked me to write " Dear Santa, I want a choo choo train. Amen" HAHAH I told him that it wasn't a prayer and we don't end letters with "Amen" so he said, "The End?". I suggested Love Logan and he agreed and said, "Good job mommy!"

Logan explaining what his picture is of:


Logan decorating his letter to Santa:






Photobucket

1 comment:

jesska lynn photography said...

my kiddo's have never liked santa! i think it is sooooo funny! =0)