Thursday, December 17, 2009

Aila is 16 Months Old!



Aila is now 16 months old and she really does not seem much like a baby anymore! She is really saying so many words now that it completely blows my mind. She is communicating so effectively verbally that she really isn't using the sign language that much! I don't even think I can list all the words she can say! She signs for "more", "all done" and "eat" but other than that she says the word. She is also very big on shaking her head yes or no. She loves it when you ask her a questions because she can answer now. Poor Doug though, whenever he goes to kiss her Aila shakes her head no and turns away. She thinks it is a fun game and likes the reaction she gets from him. LOL

Aila has also completed Phase 1 of potty training! I am totally in shock because I thought this was going to take a lot longer. Today is the first day that I am training her with underwear and so far she has had one accident and gone on the potty twice. She is wearing Logan's underwear because I have not bought any for her yet, seeing as I didn't expect to need them for another few months. Plus with Christmas next week and Doug's family in town I won't be training her much so she might need to go back to Phase 1. We'll see!

Right now Aila is going through some sort of a phase where she always wants you to pick her up. I don't give into her constant "Up! Up!" much because I want her to become more independent. I also think she has finally gotten some fear of strangers. I used to be able to let anybody hold her but now she only wants people that she is familiar with.

Oh and she just cut another tooth! I think that makes 13? It is hard to tell because she does not like me looking in her mouth and if I stick my fingers in there I am sure to be bit!


Photobucket

No comments: