Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Pros and Cons of Texas

I think the shock is wearing off and I am actually realizing that we are moving.  I am a list girl so here are my pros and cons for moving to Texas:

Pros:
-health insurance
-good salary
-financial stability
-we will be debt free
-doug's dream job
-we can go to the beach
-it's not a small town so there are still stores and stuff
-the house we are moving to is really nice
-it doesn't get too cold there
-the economy is better there
-the schools are ranked higher and we are acutally zoned for a really good school district
-doug can finish school
-we are still relatively close to some family

Cons:
-leaving my family : (
-not being able to be here to help my mom- thank God she still has my brother, cousins, aunt and uncle here so she won't be completely alone but I still wish I could put her in one of my moving boxes and take her with me!
-leaving all of our friends- you guys are so awesome and have helped us through tough times and shared in the good times.  I have such a great network of mommies too with kids Logan and Aila's age.  I am going to miss you all so much!
-humidity
-rain...i HATE rain
-i have barely learned how to navigate around az and now i have to learn how to get around in a whole new state
-they don't have del taco in TX and that is my fav fast food
-the accent (no offense to you Texans, but you are hard to understand!)

3 comments:

Sami said...

Just have Doug introduce you to Taco Bueno. Then your fast food Mexican problem is solved! It's the best...I dream of it... :)

Paula Morales said...

You need a GPS system!!! That's a life saver in a new place! And I'm sure you won't have any problem meeting new people. Your very friendly. Even if you don't meet any mommies right away, once Logan starts school you will. I'm sure once you're settled you'll be really happy.

The Sheppard Bunch said...

Sami, I don't like Mexican food unless it is totally american. LOL The chicken soft taco I get at Del Taco is more like a nice chicken wrap than an actual taco. Even taco bell is too spicy for me!

Paula, Doug is giving me his GPS so I will be covered there, as long as it works right and does not get me more lost! LOL