Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I am slacking on our blog.  There is just too much to do right now so it will probably be a while.  I want to get Logan's birthday pictures up on here soon.  His party went great! He had a blast! Thanks to all of you that came!!!

Yesterday was mother's day so Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies! Sorry I am late! I did not take any pics of my mother's day because I forgot the camera at home.  I woke up yesterday at 4:30 am with horrible morning sickness.  Logan was up by 6:30.  He couldn't sleep because he wanted to play with all of his new toys.  By the time Doug got up we had to rush getting ready for church.  I slipped and hit my elbow really hard on the towel rack in the bathroom when I was getting ready for my shower.  The only good part to my morning was that Doug made me breakfast and the kids and Doug gave me a card, my favorite candy and some lotions. 

Church was interesting.  They talked about the section in Timmothy about men being spiritual leaders that need to lead out of love and women submitting to their leaders.  Some women got mad.  Like I said, it was interesting.

 Then the day started to get good.  We met my mom at Applebee's and took her out to lunch.  Me and my mom both had the sirloin and we put our onion rings on it.  It was sooooooooooooooooooo good.  It is the most I have been able to eat in a long time.

 After lunch we stopped to visit my dad at his hospice care place.  He is staying there under observation because he had 2 falls.  Now they don't want him alone at all anymore.  Luckily my mom qualifies for 160 hours of in home care with hospice.  So she can have them come babysit my dad while she goes to work.  She only has 3 weeks left until the summer so it worked out perfectly.  Because of this though, she needs to get him a nursing home asap because she goes back to work in August. 

We started looking at homes yesterday.  It was so sad to see all of these elderly people laying in beds just staring at the ceiling.  My mom didn't like any of the places we saw.  I think no matter where she picks my dad will hate it.  But he can't take care of himself and my mom can't be home 24/7 to take care of him so we have to find a place.

 We went back to visit my dad after looking at the homes.  He is very grouchy and ready to go home.  It is hard to visit him though because he can't hold a conversation and he keeps asking what time he has to go to work.  I just can't believe how fast his disease is progressing.

Next we went to get Doug and the kids and we all went to Shepler's to look at boots (Doug is dieing to buy a pair of cowboy boots).  We got there 5 minutes before closing and I didn't like any of the boots Doug liked.  LOL Then we went to the Bass Pro Shop and walked around.  Logan and Aila loved the fish.  I really need to take them to an aquarium.  Then it was home and to bed.  I didn't even stay up to watch Army Wives.  They day was just too taxing!

No comments: