Friday, July 17, 2009

Logan is 2 Years and 2 Months Old!


Logan is developing into quite the little boy. And he is ALL boy! He has tons of energy and wants to play every sport imaginable. He loves to dig in the dirt and he loves to walk around barefoot (which leads to a lot of baths). He has somehow learned that tooting is funny and laughs hysterically whenever himself or someone else passes gas (something I am trying to discourage). He has also learned how to spit! YUCK I KNOW! Doug did it the other night and I saw the look in Logan's eye like "Wow I want to try that". I got onto Doug about it but it was already too late. Now I am doing damage control.

Logan is also picking up words at an unbelievable pace and speaking in sentences. He used to say "park" and now he says "me play at park". It is like he is always practicing his speech, especially when Doug or I are on the phone- we hear a little echo for everything we say on the phone. At my mom's group a few weeks ago someone said, "Oh shoot" and Logan kept saying it over and over "Oh shoot, Oh shoot, Oh shoot!" He even tries to mimic the emotion and pitch of how something is said.

Lately, Logan has been very accident prone. He likes to try to jump off things and he is always running. I also think he might be going through a growth spurt and is not used to his newly lengthened limbs. Every day he has a new bump, bruise, or scratch. I feel the urge to keep him in a padded room or lock him in a little bubble but I know this is not realistic. I just can't stand seeing my baby hurt. He got bit bad at church nursery last week and had a bump on his head when I went to pick him up. I was livid. None of the adults even saw it happen! I guess its part of being a kid.

Well here are some pics of my precious boy:










Here is a video of Doug working out with Logan. They call this the "bear crawl"

No comments: