Tuesday, August 13, 2013

NY Visit

We were able to go to NY and visit my sisters.  It had been 6 years since I had seen my sister Melissa and 3 since I had seen my sister Stacy.  It was so good to see them and see all my nieces and nephews.  Everyone has gotten so big! The kids' favorite part was getting to play with all of their cousins.  It was also quite an experience for us because we took public transportation from the airport in NJ all the way to Queens and then from Long Island to Manhattan and also from Long Island to NJ.  The kids thought it was great.  To them taking a train or a bus is the same as a ride at Disney World.

Day 1 at Melissa's house- relaxing and hanging out:
 
 
 
Day 2 at Melissa's house- Walking to a park and playing and lunch with my friend Paula:
 
Day 3: Going to the Flight Museum with Aunt Stacy.
 
Day 4- Going to the park by Aunt Stacy's house:
 
Day 5- Slip and Slide fun in the yard at Aunt Stacy's and hanging out in our jammies:
 
Day 6- A trip to Manhattan with Aunt Stacy and Uncle Brad.  We rode the train, had a picnic and played in Central Park, saw Times Square, FAO Schwartz, The American Girl Store, and the M&M Store:
 
 
Day 7-  Our last day :(  We played board games and Aunt Stacy and Uncle Brad had a surprise birthday cake for Aila:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: