Thursday, April 12, 2012

Baby News...

Ariah is still cooking. I never thought I'd see the day where I would go PAST my due date. Logan, Aila and Levi were all born atleast 10 days early. I really thought she'd be here by now, especially since I was at risk for preterm labor 2 months ago because of a kidney infection that brought on contractions. Even more so when I went to the hospital almost 3 weeks ago with contractions every 2-4 minutes and dialated to a 4 1/2.

But then I seem to have gotten stuck there. I am still having regular contractions every 5-10 minutes. All day. All night. At night they are worse. Sleep is a rarity. I am uncomfortable. I am in pain. My back hurts. I get shooting pains down my legs.

My OB was going to induce me on Wed. last week. She knows I am in pain and she says Ariah should be totally fine and ready to come out.

I cancelled the induction. I don't have a peace about it. I had nightmares about it. About Ariah needing to be on Oxygen. About me needing a C-section.

Then I went to the Dr. on Thursday and again they were going to induce me because my blood pressure was high. She sent me to the hospital and Doug rushed there. They monitored the baby and my blood pressure for an hour. My blood pressure was not high at all. They sent me home.

I thought for sure I would have gone into labor by now. I didn't even have another appointment made. Well I had to make another one because still NO BABY. My appointment is tomorrow and everyone is telling me to just get induced. Even Doug doesn't get why it is such a big deal to me. I think he hates seeing me in pain and is just trying to help. I know he is eager to meet our new little princess too. But this is what is in my heart:

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

God blessed us with this baby. Why shouldn't I let Him decide when she should enter the world? So what if I am in pain or uncomfortable. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make in order to have a healthy baby.

Other reasons why I don't want to be induced:
-I know how painful contractions are with pitocin and I want to go without drugs again.
-I don't want to be tied to an IV so that I can change my position however I need to to get find some kind of pain relief during labor.
-I could let the OB break my water, which is what she would try first, but the last time with Levi I ended up getting an infection of the uterus because of having my water broken. I had to be in the hospital a whole week.
-I am not 100% convinced of my due date. Originally my due date was April 24th but I wasn't totally sure about my dates so they used ultrasound and blood tests to verify and pushed my date back to the 11th. With the way they figured out my date though there is only about a 2% chance that it is wrong. But still a chance.

So tomorrow I go to the OB. I don't know what to think about it. I bet I am still stuck at a 4 1/2. It would be awesome if I am at a 7 and she tells me to go to the hospital. It would be even better if I went into labor tonight and missed my appointment! But I am not holding my breath for either. And as long as me and baby are still both healthy than we WILL NOT BE GETTING INDUCED. We are going to wait on the Lord for His perfect timing.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Has she stripped your cervix? I'd I were on your shoes I would go one more week! Then induce! Yes the word says wait for the Lord, He also helps those that help themselves...and heeding medical advice and direction would be helping! Relax.... soon that beautiful baby will be on your arms! We are praying for you!