Wednesday, October 5, 2011

2nd Trimester!!!

I had my first appointment with the actual OB on Monday and surprisingly she did an ultrasound! I didn't even know she had a machine in her office because they usually send me to an ultrasound place on another floor. It was awesome because Doug's mom decided to come visit and so Doug was able to come to the appointment with me and he was so excited to get to see the baby. Of course I was nervous. It was a good thing they did the ultrasound because the baby was a lot more developed than it should have been for my dates so once again they had to readjust my due date. My now FINAL and OFFICIAL due date is April 11th! I asked if she could see any girl or boy parts yet but she didn't see anything so I guess we will have to wait until my next ultrasound. My next appointment is on Halloween so maybe she will do one then, but I don't expect her to. She'll probably want me to schedule it for that other office like I did with Levi.

The awesome thing is that today I am 13 weeks! This is how far along I was when I started hemmoraging with Levi and told I was going to have a miscarriage. I remember thinking "Yay! I passed the first trimester so my chance for miscarriage is a lot lower!" and then the next day I started bleeding. Praise God for His healing because our little miracle is so precious! You would think after seeing God do a miracle like that I would not be so worried for this pregnancy, but I am. It was such a relief to see a healthy baby on the ultrasound. It's heartbeat was 151 : )

Here are the ultrasound pics. The baby is already sucking its thumb! So far Levi is our only baby that wasn't a thumb sucker.

Your Baby in Week 13 of Pregnancy
What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when she’s a newborn).

No comments: