Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick or Treating

 So Saturday night after Logan's school festival I had contractions off and on all night.  I almost called my ob several times but then they would stop or slow down so I knew it wasn't the real deal.  Then Sunday on actual Halloween I woke up sick as a dog.  No more contractions but bad stomach pains and I felt completely drained.  So Doug had to get the kids in their costumes all by himself and take them trick or treating without me.  I was so bummed that I had to miss out, but I am glad that atleast their daddy was able to take them.  Doug had a hard time painting the kids faces.  Logan's clown face was a little scary and he put whiskers on Aila...I've never heard of a lady bug with whiskers.  LOL But he definitely gets an A for effort! The kids got so many goodies that they had to come home and empty their buckets after the first block! They didn't get just candy either.  They got giant rubber bugs (Logan's fav) and Jack o Lantern bell necklaces (Aila's favorite), whistles, army men, spider rings, etc.  When they got home I let them eat a few pieces of candy in the bath tub so that they wouldn't make too much of a mess.  I think this weekend was the first time we have ever seen Aila on a sugar high.  She was jumping up and down and running all over the place.  No more candy for her for a while!