Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am 37 Weeks Pregnant!

Braxton Hicks have kicked into high gear and I feel like the baby is going to fall right out! I am hardly sleeping at night.  I toss and turn.   I have to get up and go to the bathroom about 10 times.  I lay on one side and then it falls asleep, I lay on the other and the same thing happens.  So yeah... no sleep for mommy.  This is the first time that I think I will actually get MORE sleep when the baby gets here! We'll see about that though!

I can't wait for Levi to get here.  I have my hospital bag packed, my birth plan all typed out, the bassinet is set up and his clothes are ready.  Doug is getting the carseat into the van today and getting all the baby stuff out of our storage closet. 

We go to the OB tomorrow and we'll see if these Braxton Hicks have been causing any "changes".  I am having so many that I will be shocked if they aren't doing anything yet.  I was supposed to have another ultrasound soon but the ultrasound place is completely booked all the way up to my due date! (One of the things I hate about this OB office is that scheduling appointments are a NIGHTMARE!)  The OB keeps wanting to check on the growth of the baby because she doesn't think I am gaining enough weight.  But so far this baby is measuring right at 50% in my ultrasounds which is bigger than Logan and Aila because they were smaller than average so I keep telling the dr. that this is going to be my big baby and she keeps looking at me like I'm crazy.  LOL

Here is what the internet has to say about a baby at 37 weeks:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.  Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard).

Please continue to pray for an easy, uncomplicated labor and delivery and for Levi to be healthy! I will keep you all updated as we get closer to his big debut!

No comments: