Monday, November 22, 2010

Hospital Round 2

So we weren't even home for 10 hours when I got crazy chills and started getting a temperature.  We didn't think much of it at first because I run a temperature for just about anything and I always get the chills when I am over tired.  So I went to bed but Doug kept waking me up to check my temperature and it kept getting higher and higher.  When it reached 102.5 we decided to call my OB.  They told us we needed to go to the ER at the hospital where I delivered.  Luckily they said it was ok for us to bring Levi with us (I am nursing and I didn't have any milk stored up for bottles.   I didn't even know where the bottles were!).  It was also a blessing that Paula was here so we could leave her with Logan and Aila.  We got to the ER and they did a complete examination and they noticed that when they pushed on my lower abdomen that it hurt.  They diagnosed me with an infection of the uterus and I was readmitted to the hospital.  They couldn't believe that I got this because you usually only get it when your water has been broken for a long time during labor and then when you get it you usually run fevers right away.  My water was only broken for 3 hours before Levi came and I never even had a slight temperature in the hospital.  Because of the infection I had to be on like 7 different antibiotics through an iv.  Thank the Lord again that all of the meds were still safe for nursing.  So I was in the hospital from Tuesday night until Friday morning trying to kick the infection.  The second day I was there I had horrible pain, worse than my labor pains.  They sent me for an ultrasound to figure out what was going on.  They were worried that maybe I still had some placenta left in me.  It turned out to be a completely separate issue of a cyst bursting on my ovary.  Now we are home and I am finally getting some sleep at night without all the crazy nurses comming in every 30 minutes.  It is taking me a long time to recover but I am hoping to be all better by the time Logan and Aila get back from Louisiana with Paula and Wayne.  Please be praying that I feel 100% soon!

Papa getting to hold Levi for the first time:
 Aren't hospital gowns lovely?
 The kids were so happy to see Levi again:
 


No comments: