Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Am 9 Months Pregnant!!!


Can we say yippee??? I am in my 9th month of pregnancy! Levi could be here in as early as 2 weeks or as late as 6 weeks.  He'll probably come in about 4 weeks since that is about the time Logan and Aila came.  I just home he doesn't come ON Thanksgiving.  LOL

At our last ultrasound Levi was measuring 5 lbs and he is expected to gain 1/2 a pound a week, so if he was born in 2 weeks he would be approx 6 lbs, in 4 weeks he would be approx 7 lbs and in 6 weeks he would be approx 8 lbs.  Logan and Aila were both 6 lbs 13 oz so we will see how big this guy is!

We also found out at the ultrasound that there is absolutely no sign of any hemmorage at all! I am completely off any bedrest and have started working out again! Nothing major, just some prenatal yoga.  I need to be physically fit for my gruelingly long labors! Maybe 3rd time will be a charm and I will be able to go faster?

My prepregnancy weight was 117 lbs and I now weigh 133 so that means I have gained 16 lbs so far.  With Logan I gained 22 lbs by the time he was born and Aila was 24 lbs.  My OB wants me gaining more weight but I really am just not hungry! My appetite is non existant which is really strange.  I am basically forcing myself to eat. 

So far I have not started dialating or effacing which is good since they were worried about me having Levi early, but the Braxton Hicks have officially kicked in and I find myself having to take little breaks throughout the day.  The OB will be checking me for progress every week so hopefully we will know when the time is close.

We toured the hospital this weekend and it was nice.  The labor and delivery rooms look a lot like the ones we had in AZ but the post partum rooms are all different sizes.  Some are nice like the ones we had in AZ and some are pretty small.  They said it just depends on what is available.  The other strange thing about this hospital is that I need a written order from my ob for everything.  If I want to labor in the shower, if I want to walk the halls, if I want intermitant rather than constant fetal monitoring.  It seems strange to me that a woman can't labor how she sees fit and do what is natural.  Doug and I are just going to ask our ob for orders for everything just so we will have it available. 

The last thing about the hospital that I really didn't like is that after the baby is born they give you about an hour with it and then they take it away for 3 hours to be bathed and do blood tests and monitor it.  And they don't even let you go in the room where they do all this stuff! In AZ they do all of this in your room with you present.  Logan couldn't stay in our room because he needed oxygen but Doug and I were both allowed to go with him since he couldn't stay with us.  Aila stayed with us the entire time and it was wonderful.  They said we can request a "no separation from baby" from the hospital so we are going to try that and hopefully they will comply with our wishes.

No comments: