Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Seriously?


Our McDonalds in our town is all proud of their "face to face" service.  I remember as a kid that was all there was but I have gotten used to the must faster and much more efficient order over the speaker, pay at one window, get your food at the next proceedure.  Does this mean I value my time more than social interaction? I think so.  I mean the person taking my order is a stranger anyway so do I really have to talk about the weather with them? I guess I will never fit in in a small town.  I like the hustle and bustle.  I like when fast food is FAST.  I am trying to learn patience.  I am trying to see the positive side of shooting the breeze with someone I don't even know.  But it just feels foreign, uncomfortable, and quite frankly...I find it annoying.  And then it makes me feel guilty for being annoyed.  I mean these people are just trying to be nice.  But I just want to get out of there, wherever I am...the grocery store, the fast food line, the gas station. 

No comments: