Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm 6 Weeks Prego!




How is Baby Doing?

The baby is the size of a lentil this week! If you could see the baby, you'd find that it has an oversized head in proportion to its body. The baby’s facial features are forming with dark spots where the eyes are, openings where the nostrils will be, and pits to mark the ears.

Protruding buds that will become its arms and legs are even more noticeable now. The baby’s hands and feet look like paddles. Other developments include the growth of the pituitary gland, which releases hormones, in the brain and muscle fibres. Its heart (which has divided into the right and left chambers) is beating at about 150 beats a minute – twice the rate of an adults.



How's Mommy Doing?

I know some people like to wait until the second trimester to announce their pregnancy but we like to tell people as soon as we know so that a. you can start praying for the baby immediately b. if I did have a miscarriage I would want people to know so that I could lean on friends and family through that difficult time and c. I usually get sick immediately so it would not be easy to hide. 

I thought maybe this time around I wasn't going to experience full fledged morning sickness because I was doing pretty well.  With Aila I was sick before I even got a positive pregnancy test result and with Logan I was sick a few days after the test.  Well this one held out the longest, but as of today I am really, really sick.  In a way, I am kind of relieved because I know that with morning sickness my chances of having a miscarriage or an unhealthy baby are a lot lower.  But at the same time it would have been nice to enjoy being pregnant without being sick. 

My other symptoms include me being a little more tired than usual and being an even more picky eater.  I find myself getting hungry for one paticular thing and then I am not satisfied until I eat a ton of it.  This craving and eating a lot is a new symptom I have never experienced.  I usually just eat like normal when I am pregnant but not with this baby.  I will devour any food in sight!

I am not posting a belly pic today because it looks the same.  I am starting out at 112 lbs and am curious to see a. how fast my belly will pop this time and b. how much weight I am going to gain since I am eating so much!

2 comments:

jesska lynn photography said...

yea for you guys!!!!!!! we NEED to get together!!!!! <3

jesska lynn photography said...

yeah for you guys!!!!! we NEED to get together!!!! <3