Thursday, December 2, 2010

Will You Have More?

"Are you going to have any more kids?" I have been getting asked this questions alot lately.  Actually lately it has been more like, "You aren't going to have any more! Right?" I think we get asked this because A) We have 3 kids - which seems to be a lot in society's eye because alot of people these days are only having 1 or 2. and B) Because my last pregnancy was so difficult with almost loosing the baby and needing to be on bedrest and then more complications with having to be hospitalized for the infection after the delivery.

Well the answer to this questions is YES! I find it funny that people have always told me that once I had my first child I would not want alot of children. It is funny to me because I think the opposite happened. After seeing how wonderful a blessing a child is, how could I not want more?  The truth is, our society views children as a nice thing to have but also a thing that usurps our precious time, energy and money.  The Bible on the otherhand views children as a REWARD and as a BLESSING!

Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

 So YES! I will gladly have more children if God chooses to bless us with them.  Will it be challenging? YES! But children are worth it and God is bigger than any challenge! Just look at my 3 little blessings this morning:







How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers.
- Mother Teresa

No comments: