Friday, November 30, 2012

Logan's Baptism

Here is the video of Logan's baptisim. He randomly asked me about what it meant to be a Christian 2 months ago and I told him that it meant that a person knew they were a sinner and that recognized their need for Jesus. That they wanted t o follow Jesus and have a new life with Him. Logan said I want to do that right now. I was thinking, I wish Doug was here, he is the preacher after all and maybe I didn't explain it well enough but Logan was peristant and said that he knew he needed to make a choice to follow Jesus. I told him that he is so young and that he would be making a choice that would change the rest of his life and he said that God didn't care about how old he is and that he wanted to do this now. So we prayed together and Logan started his life with Jesus. He started asking about being baptized then but we wanted to make sure he understood what all this meant. We ended up reading the book of John and about when Jesus was baptized and Logan said even Jesus got baptized and I want to be like Him. He says that we should be baptized. So Doug asked his dad if he could baptize Logan when he preached at the church in Louisiana this past weekend. Logan was thrilled and has been telling everyone. He even shared his testimony with his friend Ava and she prayed to accept Jesus that night. We can't wait to see how God is going to use Logan!

No comments: